The Girl With The Butterfly Tattoo relates to the butterfly as a symbol of transformation. It reminds us that we are all able to change. We can make choices and we are in control. We can choose to replace the messages that shout ‘You are not enough’ – not hot enough, thin enough, talented enough, popular enough – every time we open a magazine, watch a music video or go into a clothes store.
The Girl with the Butterfly Tattoo encourages girls to question the limiting messages advertisers, the media and our culture keep pushing: that a girl’s greatest worth is her looks, and beauty comes in only one size and shape. It inspires and empowers girls to find their strength and be true to their own hearts and minds.
This book is for you if:
- You’re tired of having days when everything just seems to make you feel ‘less’ less beautiful, less powerful, less happy, less in control
- You have ever been frozen out by a friend and it has wrecked your whole day
You, or a friend, are trying to deal with something major – binge drinking, drugs, anorexia or bulimia, self-harm, depression
- You’d prefer to have your own style, not dress head-to-toe in the same labels as everyone else
- You have piles of homework and want to find the best way to study that suits you
- You would like some tips on creating the future you want after school
Postage will be calculated before checkout. Significant postage discounts will be given when you purchase more than one item.
International orders welcome – Please email us for all international order enquiries (outside of Australia, New Zealand & Singapore) to ensure accurate shipping quotes.
Please allow 7 working days once your order has been sent for delivery within Australia.